Saturday, February 21, 2009

I left my apartment twice today. I had unexpected encounters both times.

The first time there was frost on my car which surprised me because the sun had been up for a while.

The second time I went out to get my mail, and as I got to the stairs, I heard my neighbor's door open. I kept on walking and pretending like I didn't hear because I really wasn't in the mood to stop and chat. I heard his keys jingle as he followed me down the stairs... and over to his car and stopped. I walked all the way to my mailbox, and he got in the car and he turned it on- and just sat there. It made me incredibly uncomfortable because I could feel him watching me. I walked all the way back to my apartment and he was still just sitting there in his car. I finally glanced over to see what was up because it was unnerving me, and sure enough he was staring dead at me. I didn't like that at all. He didn't leave until I was up the stairs and in my apartment again. It officially creeped me out. I've talked to him a couple of times in the past and know he wouldn't do anything psycho-but I dunno. Prolly if we talked more often it wouldn't have felt so strange to me, but honestly I'm not in the mood for chasing rabbits. It's not worth my time.

I think another reason the whole thing made me uneasy was because it reminded me of when someone else sat in his car in front of my apartment for a long time before actually leaving... and I don't like what happened then. I don't want a repeat.

In other news, I think I'm too open, sometimes. Like maybe I tell people too much, too soon. I've been criticized about that before... but I'm afraid it's just part of my nature. It gets me in a lot of jams, emotionally, but I guess that's what peanut butter is for!